By Melissa M. Smith
Crusade Finance Reform The Political Shell video game presents an in-depth examine the background of political crusade finance reform with particular emphasis on legislative, FEC, and federal court docket activities from the Nineteen Seventies to provide. particularly, the authors learn the ways in which campaigns and self sufficient teams have sought to make end-runs round latest crusade finance ideas.
Read or Download Campaign Finance Reform: The Political Shell Game (Lexington Studies in Political Communication) PDF
Similar elections books
The place did the so-called pink states and Blue states come from? This ebook, dependent in tremendous half on archival paintings, breaks superseded taboos at the American previous and indicates what rather happened within the transformation of yankee politics and why. Jerry F. Hough observes that the old Democratic-Republican occasion alignment was once in response to the good clash among the North and the South and on that one of the adversarial European-American "races.
This present day we're politically polarized as by no means earlier than. The presidential elections of 2000 and 2004 could be remembered as of the main contentious political occasions in American background. but regardless of the new election upheaval, the yankee Voter Revisited discovers that voter habit has been remarkably constant over the past part century.
This booklet makes an enormous contribution to the research of political conversation. Its chapters examine varieties of media speak linked to modern political elections. Key issues comprise: altering types of political interview, televised political debates, and using multimedia in promotional discourse.
Demonstrates how neighborhood political events have retained a job of severe value in American politics. whereas the media pay the main consciousness to the activities of the nationwide political committees, political scientists have lengthy emphasised the key function of neighborhood celebration organisations. regardless of sweeping adjustments within the political atmosphere, remarkably little examine has sought to appreciate accurately how those neighborhood events are based, what they do, and no matter if they've got any influence at the political procedure.
- Probabilistic Voting Theory
- The modern political campaign: mudslinging, bombast, and the vitality of American politics
- They Think You're Stupid: Why Democrats Lost Your Vote and What Republicans Must Do to Keep It
- A Long Time Coming, The Inspiring, Combative 2008 Campaign and the Historic Election of Barack Obama
- Ratfucked: The True Story Behind the Secret Plan to Steal America’s Democracy
- Politics and Technology
Extra info for Campaign Finance Reform: The Political Shell Game (Lexington Studies in Political Communication)
Gerry Tyson, e-mail to the author (Dec. 2009). 28. David B. Magleby and J. ), The Last Hurrah? Soft Money and Issue Advocacy in the 2002 Congressional Elections (Washington, DC: Brookings Institution Press, 2002). 29. Jim Drinkard, “Some Win, Some Lose with Changes,” USA Today (March 19, 2002), 2A. 30. Glen Justice, “Following New Rules, Parties Steer Money to the States,” New York Times, (August 9, 2004), A24; Diana Dwyre and Robin Kolodny, “The Parties’ Congressional Campaign Committees in 2004,” in Michael J.
19. Cornelius P. Cotter and Bernard C. Hennessy, Politics without Power: The National Party Committees (New York: Atherton, 1964), p. 186. 20. Melvin I. Urofsky, Money and Free Speech: Campaign Finance Reform and the Courts (Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 2005); John Curtis Samples. Political Parties and the Finance Law 27 The Fallacy of Campaign Finance Reform (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2007). 21. J. Tobin Grant and Thomas J. Rudolph, Expression vs. Equality: The Politics of Campaign Finance Reform (Columbus: Ohio State University Press, 2004).
Smith On August 5, 2004, a one-minute political ad from an independent group hit the airwaves in three states and introduced Americans to a new term: 527 organizations. Media coverage of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth television ads questioning Sen. John Kerry’s bravery and service in Vietnam helped the phrase “527 organization” become a household term, even though most Americans were not familiar with the organizations or the rules governing their activities. 1 The groups, which have in the past primarily been organized for non-federal elections, merely moved from the political fringes to a role in the media spotlight during 2004.
Campaign Finance Reform: The Political Shell Game (Lexington Studies in Political Communication) by Melissa M. Smith